Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Are you insane? The answer is yes.

On days like today I'm reminded that I am quite quite mad.  Some of you might think that this refers to my temperament.  It does not.  I sat tonight screaming like a wino in my room at a TV screen.  My pulse rose, I could feel my heart in my throat, and I started to sweat.  Was I watching the quasi revolution in Egypt?  Perhaps congress griping about uselessness while the interest rose on national debt?  Perhaps even the extreme temperatures on the weather?  The answer to all of these is no.

I was watching BYU basketball.  Yes, sports have a way of turning me insane.  We were being out rebounded, making stupid mistakes, missing free throws, and our prized buck Fredette went 2-11 from three point.  
No smiles tonight. 26 points don't make him happy anymore.
I can't say why sports drive me to do things like this.  I once brought a girl I was dating to the BYU-Utah football game.  We weren't even in the stadium, but she looked like she was dating Mr. Hyde.  Needless to say we broke up shortly thereafter.  In my defense the relationship was on it's last legs.  And she was insane.

But if you're wondering, you're insane too.  There is no question about it.  Justify your actions all you want, you do things that you can't explain.  Maybe you want to frame your baby blessing gown and hang it in a glass case on your wall.  Or perhaps you enjoy books about impossible relationships to distort any normal relationship you could have.  You could be crazy enough to think that proven scientific evidence is wrong about immunizing your kids. These people are really off theirs.  Go to a psychiatrist, not a doctor,  if you think soda makes your ears hurt.  No matter what you think, you're just like the rest of us...
Even after reading this I think that looks fun.

1 comment:

  1. You are crazy...I knew it. Watching you scream and wave your hands to a TV is quite hilarious to watch, but absolutely crazy.

    PS I think jumping off a huge cliff and coasting in the air looks like fun too.

    ReplyDelete